Today I was thinking about this universe we live in. If you sit down and think about it, it really messes you up. Its huge. and never ending? I can't even wrap my mind around it, but isn't the point? No one can wrap their mind around this crazy place we live in. Or on? or by? or with? The universe is something we think we know a lot about, when really, we don't have the slightest.
I like to believe there is one God. He is all powerful, and every religion whether they believe it or not worships the same god. This is my belief. He loves every person on this planet. I can't wait to see who God really is, because who he, or she, or it is, is something beyond our human brain capacity. The world we live on is beyond our understanding. We can try and create answers, and we can have faith in those possible outcomes, but it's impossible to ever know for sure. We can base our faith on feelings we receive, or over powering emotions, some people can base their faith on the bible, or koran, or any book worshiping their God. We can base our faith on Meditation, or on prayer. We can base it on what we're told in church, or what someone might read on the internet. But me? Well, I look at this incredible world around me, and think about space, and the universe, and how incredibly magical and overwhelming it all is. I don't feel it's necessary to search for in answer on who God is. Why should I, when I know her exists. I only say "he" because I don't know what else I would call God. "it" is too generic for me. All I can say is that, I am on this planet. Living, breathing, on this moving orb in the middle of a universe that is never ending. Think about that for a second. How in the world is it possible that we know anything about the after life let alone the life we're living right now? We don't.
All I can do is be so thankful for where I am, and what I have, and the family I am in, and the trees, and the sky, and ocean. All of it is beautiful, and all of it is a mystery to me. That's the best part about it. I do believe there is something after we die. You can call "heaven" or whatever you please, but whatever is, it will be a whole other adventure! I believe in a God, but I don't know what he is, or who he is, if if he is even a he or she. I am at peace with this. I am at peace with knowing there is a God, but knowing what he is, or how he is. God loves me, and I love God.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment