.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

TexasTexasTexasTexas!

So, as you all probably already know, considering news travels like wild fire in our family, I, Jessica Scholl, am moving. to. TEXAS. LAKJFHDAKLSHBFKAJHBDFLKDSABFKHLASDBGKLHBDSFLHKBDSAKHFBASDKLHBFASLKHDBFALJKHSBFHASBFKHABSFJBADSF"BDF:
BDZ
:VBD
:FBD
S:KBFN
DS
Okay, now that I have recovered from that momentary lapse of excitement I am ready to explain in more depth what changed my mind. Well, not really a change of mind as much as a chose to follow my heart, instead of my mind. Lets see. Where to begin. Well, I guess to state it in a "short and sweet" manner, going to Texas this summer was the most eye opening experience I have encountered thus far in my life. The thing is, I didn't even realize how much of an eye opener it was until I got home. The reason I say this, is because not only did it make me realize that our family is the most incredible, and special family ever, I also realized that I am not happy in Wisconsin. I am merely content. The thing is that I didn't realize this prior to coming to Texas this summer because I thought I was happy. I thought I was fulfilled in my everyday life here.But then when I was in Texas never had I felt so cared for, so encouraged, and all the while I knew every person was genuine, and truly was interested in my life, and what was best for me. Here in Wisconsin, yes, I have friends who love me and really care for me a lot, but it just doesn't suffice when compared to our family. Not even close. I am completely at ease when with every one of you. I am completely myself. Completely...blissful. It's so hard for me to put into words the way I feel when I'm with our family. I know you all know this, and you figured it out long before I did. I guess moving around as much as I have, and having to be as independent as I have been my whole life, I never knew what being loved by so many people felt like at one time. I've always really only had my mom, brother and sister. That's it. And they are the best family anyone could ask for. I hope my mom chooses to come to Texas one day soon. That would make everything perfect! (Laurie, you guys better come too!!! :)) We'd all be together again.
When I made the decision to stay in Wisconsin at the beginning of the summer, I did it for a few reasons. One, I knew I had an opportunity here to pursue my career in opera, I felt comfortable here, and my mama is here. My mom being here was definitely my number one reason. I knew she was hesitant about me moving because she wants me to be successful, nd I was worried about leaving her, so I thought I had made the right decision. Since I made that decision in JUNE it has been slowly eating at me, eating at my brain, eating at anything and everything that can distract me long enough to make me second guess my decision. My mom came to me the other night, and we cried, and talked about life, texas, everything. I love my mom more than any other person in this world. I couldn't have asked for a more outstanding mother. That night she told me herself, tears in her eyes, that she wants me to be happy, and she truly feels that I am meant to be in Texas. Once I heard her utter those words, those words I had been waiting to here for the longest time, I felt as if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and I just collapsed. I needed to have her approval, because she is the most important person to me in this world. I guess basically once I heard her say she also believed in me, and that she wants me to go to Texas as well, then I really couldn't make myself stay in Wisconsin any longer. I know where I belong, and I know I need to go now. I don't really know why completely, and I will never know what would have happened if I stayed here, but honestly, I don't care because I know that being with family is exactly what I need. It's where I'm meant to be. If I stayed in Eau Claire this year, the "what if" would always be in the beack of my mind. What if I would have moved to Texas? What if it was what I was supposed to do? What if this is wrong being here? I don't have to worry about those what ifs anymore because of all of you. I love you all so much, and I can't wait to be hours away from you all, instead of days. I can't wait to begin my life in good ol' Texas! akjdfnasjkfaksdjfkhjdfkhbashdfashj CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOU!
Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment